W. John Weber
2400 E. Bethel Lane
Bloomington, IN 47408
Generalist in Web and Multimedia Design and Content Development.
2004-2007 • The Lodestone Catalog • Bloomington, IN
Owner of Online Mail Order Catalog
- Designed, programmed, and administered web site, implementing secure
e-commerce, customer reviews, recommendations and interactive search.
- Developed all content for site containing 50+ static and 350+ dynamic pages.
- Developed and executed print materials, including 24 page print catalog.
- Wrote and distributed email newsletter.
- Performed audio mastering and package design for new CD releases.
- Organized all business processes, computer systems, and physical systems
for efficient order processing.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations including accounting, vendor
and customer relations, and order processing.
1997-2003 • World Media Group, Inc. • Indianapolis, IN
Director of Multimedia Services and Senior Mastering Engineer
- Developed company web site, and authored all content for site (80+ pages).
- Authored Macromedia Director projects for company and customers.
- Oversaw Mastering Department, implementing transition from a department
offering audiocassette services only, into a department offering CD Mastering
and CD-ROM Authoring.
- Performed audio and CD-ROM mastering.
- Developed and documented standards and procedures for department.
- Researched and developed CD testing and quality assurance program for
annual throughput of 12 million discs.
- Developed anti-piracy program for company.
- Wrote and edited marketing materials for company.
1992-1997 • Freelance Audio Engineer • Bloomington, IN
- Multitrack and live-to-two-track recording.
- Digital editing and mastering.
- Audio equipment repair and maintenance.
- Writing, Web Content Authoring, and Web Site Development
- Web Programming
- Web Design
- Audio, Video and Multimedia
- Expert in use of most standard office applications.
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES AND TECHNOLOGIES
- Visual Basic
- Flash / Actionscript
- Macromedia Director / Lingo
MULTIMEDIA APPLICATIONS USED
Design and Graphics
- Macromedia Dreamweaver (now Adobe)
- Macromedia Fireworks (now Adobe)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe ImageReady
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Macromedia Director (now Adobe)
- Macromedia Flash (now Adobe)
- Sonic Solutions SonicStudio
- Sound Designer II
Last Minute Productions
- Founding member of and chief engineer for non-for-profit radio-drama
- Engineered and sound designed Hayward Sanitarium, a radio drama series aired nationally on NPR.
Midwest Radio Theatre Workshop (now National Audio Theatre Festival)
- Instructor in Sound Design, Basics of Digital Audio, and Sound Effects
Indiana University • Bloomington, IN
- B.A., English.
- A.S., Audio Technology.
I.U.P.U.I. • Indianapolis, IN
25 Credit Hours of Graduate (non-degree) coursework in:
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Business Informatics
- Multimedia Programming
- Digital Video
- Java programming
- Visual Basic programming
- Oracle programming